Technology has become an indispensable part of our lives. In this sort of an environment, it would be wrong to undermine the importance of data recovery processes. However, success is not always guaranteed and depends a lot on the way the file was deleted or lost. Here we take a look at the possible reasons for data recovery shortcomings as well as problem resolution strategies.
Reasons for Data Recovery Shortcomings
Files deleted or lost during formatting can still be recovered. But it becomes impossible if the file was overwritten or malfunctioned as a result of a Trojan/virus. A few common cases where data recovery shortcomings become painfully evident are listed below.
- If a storage device sustains extreme damage, data recovery might not work.
- Data recovery falls short of locating a specific file if the stored location is undetectable by the recovery program or is missing entirely.
- Files that were deleted a long time back or have become lost are no longer available for recovery.
- Overwriting data is one of the most common causes of data recovery shortcomings.
- In a physical storage device, the data gets stored in a magnetic area. If that strip/section gets damaged, data cannot be recovery.
- If the header information for the file or folder becomes inaccessible due to heavy infection, recovery may not be able to solve the problem.
Unplugging the Device
Make sure you do not use the faulty storage device after data loss occurs. Unplug the drive and then plug it externally to a different computer with the help of USB/SATA adapter. You can now effectively overcome data recovery shortcomings and start recovering files once more. This method is a great way to make sure no read/write operation has occurred on the problem device and increases the chances of successful data recovery.
Use Suitable Software
You should always make use of good quality software that is capable of meeting your data recovery requirements. The performance of the software should match the task. There is lots of different data recovery software available in the market, and you need to pick the right one. Even free software can come in handy, but it all depends on how wisely you use them.
Seek Professional Help
If you wish to increase the chances of successful data recovery but do not know how to proceed, it is important to seek professional help. It’s true that starting the data recovery process is a costly affair but you need expert assistance if you want to get the job done. The experts usually work on your hard drive in a clean room. They have all the tools they need to extract as much information as possible from the hard drive. This process is time-consuming and you should look for another option if you’re short on time.
Latest posts by Bel Networks News (see all)
- What is the Best Way for Small Businesses to Manage IT? - September 25, 2017
- The Right Way to Avoid Website Crash from Too Much Traffic - August 27, 2017
- Active Threat of Ransomware: Signs That Indicate You are at Risk - August 2, 2017