Fun facts and random bits of knowledge: If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The numbers ‘172’ can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
- President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.
- In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
- Rhode Island is the smallest state with the longest name. The official name, used on all state documents, is “Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.”
- When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.
- Every year about 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.
- Elephants are the only mammals that can’t jump.
- The average person makes about 1,140 telephone calls each year.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley’s gum.
- In ancient Rome, it was considered a sign of leadership to be born with a crooked nose.
- The word “nerd” was first coined by Dr. Seuss in “If I Ran the Zoo.”
- The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.
- The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover Cleveland’s baby daughter, Ruth.
Photo Credit: Flickr
Latest posts by Bel Networks News (see all)
- What is the Best Way for Small Businesses to Manage IT? - September 25, 2017
- The Right Way to Avoid Website Crash from Too Much Traffic - August 27, 2017
- Active Threat of Ransomware: Signs That Indicate You are at Risk - August 2, 2017